- 1 cup (250 ml) Red Wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soya sauce
- 4 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped fresh mint or 3 Tbsp dried
- 2 Tbsp slightly bruised rosemary leaves or 1 Tbsp dried
- 1 Tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients, mix well & pour over lamb and refrigerate for about 6 hours or up to 24 hours, turning lamb several times to coat.
- Preheat BBQ, and drain meat. Reserved marinade can be heated until boiling and used as a baste while barbecuing. Cook until done (internal temperature of 135 to 140F for medium) Let meat rest before slicing and serving.
- Variation for marinade – we sometimes eliminate the soya sauce and use a couple of tablespoons of Grainy Mustard!
*Adapted from The New Basics Cookbook by Julee Rosso & Sheila Lukins. “Butterflied Leg of Lamb” but can be used for any cut of lamb!