Best Back Ribs
Yield: Serves 4
Cooking Time: 1.5 hours
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 meaty pork back ribs with inner membrane removed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato ketchup or BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (250 ml) beer
- a few good sprinkles of your favourite BBQ seasoning (we use The Perfect Spice)
- your favourite BBQ sauce for basting
- Combine ketchup, orange juice & beer and pour over ribs in a roasting pan. Cover the pan with foil and bake or do indirectly on the BBQ for 90 minutes at 325F or until tender. Approximately 1/2″ of bone should be visible when they are ready. Another way to check if they are done is to poke a fork between the bones; it should pierce the meat easily.
- At this stage ribs can be finished on the barbecue for approx. 15 minutes or until browned and or cooled and refrigerated for up to three days.
- Ribs can then be re-heated and browned on barbecue until ribs are hot and have a good coating of sauce. Turn and baste frequently.